Saturday, November 05, 2005

Next Gen is the best Gen


So i finally got around to going to my local Wal-mart and having a quick stab at the 360, and to say that i am disapointed would be an understatement. First and foremost i would like to point out that it was half broken, the controller rumbled endlessly on it's mounting bracket with the screen frozen on what i could only assume to be a close up of a horses ass. After a couple of resets though it was up and running. The only game that looked really entertaining to me was king kong, mostly because i wanted to let the utter superiority of graphics wash over me in a thick steamy jungle setting with a gigantic ape and a t-rex... When i began my gameplay i noted one thing that disturbed me to no end, heavy pixelation. Now i am not sure if it was the fault of the LCD screen or of the xbox 360 but one thing was very apparent, that this mediocre game that should easily win me over with environments the likes of which my current gen products surely would be unable to match, was falling short at all aspects. To be completly honest i am not cutting it any slack, and i don't think i should have to, this is suppose to be a videogame system that will deliver my drugs of choice for probably about the next 5 years, that is broken within a week of use, and playing games that look like a pixelated monkey's ass. Now don't get me wrong i will buy one, but trust me when i say that the first oppurtunity i get to turn it into a computer/xbox 360 i am all over that. Make me a 400$ WoW box and i will buy your product. If this poor appearance of this game was due to the LCD screens used to show off the xbox 360, seriously get some better screens, it will be worth it for your customer amazement microsoft.

No comments: